Fox Horsemanship Center now has archery!
Choose to sign up each participant for up to 2 hours of Archery Lessons:
If you sign up for summer camp at Fox Equine (http://foxequinerescue.org/horsemanship-lessons/summer-camps), you not only get well-rounded horsemanship instruction for your kids, but you can also “add on” archery classes as well!
- 1 Hour ($55)
- 2 Hour ($90)
Lessons are during camp with an additional “final day fun shoot” on the last day of camp (see below for details). The class is taught by a USA Archery certified instructor who has been teaching archery with the Girl Scouts for the past 4 years.
What is included in One Hour of Archery:
- Equipped with all the necessary gear, including safety attire.
- Basic instruction on handling the equipment, proper shooting technique, arrow retrieval, and all safety rules.
- A preliminary assessment of the optimal draw strength for each child.
- Approximately 20-30 minutes of open shooting, with form corrections for each individual and reinforcement of safety rules.
- Participation in the “final day fun shoot”, where each child will have 20-30 minutes of shooting at fun targets such as water balloons, a “fruit shoot”, and possibly an archery tic-tac-toe contest (time permitting).
What is included in Two Hour of Archery:
- If you sign up for two hours of archery (recommended**), you get ALL of the above PLUS:
- One full hour of open shooting practice.
- Additional assistance with aiming techniques.
- More time to dial in each child’s optimal draw strength.
- Additional form adjustments and corrections. ** This second hour is usually when the kids start to gain more confidence and the bullseye count improves the most!
We will be following all COVID-19 guidelines for outdoor activities. All equipment will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes between sessions and hand sanitizer will be provided. All instruction and form corrections will be made with a demonstration from a distance to minimize instructor/student contact.